Old Jul 11, 2011, 12:44 AM
Find More Posts by Slammm
WoooHooo!!!
USA, CA, Santa Paula
Joined Mar 2007
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrawfords67 View Post
Does anyone know a good motor I could use that is currently in stock with HK ? I was hoping to use a Turnigy 30-10B as I want it for prop hanging practice, but they are out of stock. The donkey option seems a bit low powered to be honest. I am based in the UK so ordering from HK along with the plane would be easiest.
Hi,

I'm probably the last one to recommend an electric motor so please look carefully. HK sure has a lot of stuff on back order.

http://www.hobbyking.com/UNITEDHOBBI...er_1000kv.html

I'm an old nitro flyer and stopped flying for about 10 years, about three years ago I got back but flying helies and I'm just getting started with electric planes.

I haven't put mine together yet but I'm going to use a EFlight 480 with an 11X3.6, 11X7 or 12X6 all SF props (just what I have at hand) Can tell you that mine will be fat, looks like it will be about 700g without the lipo. I have 1300 mA 120.8 g and 1550 mA 139g. So on the lite side about 820.8 g.I picked up the donkey motor for mine but it just didn't seem very heavily built.

From what I have found a 10X4.7 prop is not enough. Khen went to an 11X5.5 with good results. Looks like the one I found is recommending a 10X5 prop, that ought to show how much I know

Hope this helps.
Slammm is offline Find More Posts by Slammm
Last edited by Slammm; Jul 11, 2011 at 12:55 AM.