Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jims123 View Post
Roger,
that's encouraging .. I'm curious did you just clip and splice the two leads? I'm assuming that the charge circuitry needed comes sealed within the new battery case .. right? BTW i have an unproven theory that the heat the chips generate while recording .. especially if in bright sunlight .. is what causes the Lopo to fade so quickly .. while flying with that extra airflow.. likely not a problem .. but it certainly is if you are using it right-side up on the ground in bright sun.. under a hat brim (like I typically use them).. not so much. And if you STOP and switch to another cam well before the audio beeping threshold .. it's likely going to save the battery too.. but who does that? not me..I'm getting a Jumbo cause I find I could shoot hands-free for a couple hrs continually during races.. and often forget it's still ON and running..
The batteries do come with integral protection circuit board, but I found it easier to unwrap the tape to access the circuit board, unsolder the camera wires there, and solder them directly to the new battery circuit board. But YMMV.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank