View Single Post
Old Jul 09, 2011, 10:54 AM
Find More Posts by jims123
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDH View Post
I ordered replacement batteries from hxelepro360 for $4.00 each. I replaced the batteries in two #11s this morning -- very easy to do -- and both are back to over 40 minutes now.

(Edit: You can order the batteries by sending an email to hxelepro@gmail.com and pay with a PayPal payment to that same address.)
Roger,
that's encouraging .. I'm curious did you just clip and splice the two leads? I'm assuming that the charge circuitry needed comes sealed within the new battery case .. right? BTW i have an unproven theory that the heat the chips generate while recording .. especially if in bright sunlight .. is what causes the Lopo to fade so quickly .. while flying with that extra airflow.. likely not a problem .. but it certainly is if you are using it right-side up on the ground in bright sun.. under a hat brim (like I typically use them).. not so much. And if you STOP and switch to another cam well before the audio beeping threshold .. it's likely going to save the battery too.. but who does that? not me..I'm getting a Jumbo cause I find I could shoot hands-free for a couple hrs continually during races.. and often forget it's still ON and running..
jims123 is offline Find More Posts by jims123
Last edited by jims123; Jul 09, 2011 at 11:03 AM.