View Single Post
Old Jul 07, 2011, 01:03 AM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,012 Posts
It Works - Recover badly corrupted #11 files!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLuneau View Post
Hey Tom, I was able to repair your file, but not 100%. The video is fine, but the sound stops about a minute in. There's 4 minutes, 29 seconds of video. Here's a thumbnail:

I had the repaired file about 3/4 of the way uploaded when I rebooted my router. Stupid stupid stupid, I forgot about the upload... lol I've got limited upload speed here (256Kbps) so I'll have to resort to sending you a PM with the exact steps I used to repair it and you can repair it on your end. It may be nice to have for next time too... lol
In follow up to this, I have also successfully repaired my horribly corrupted #11 MOV file (flash card popped partly out while recording)! Here is a link to the software that performed the magic! The file showed up normally with an icon and long file length on the flash memory card, but would not play, and several players/editors would not load it, but I knew there was a lot of video on the card, and this software was the only one found (thanks Keith!) that attemps to reconstruct a damage mov file format.

The software is not free, but you can download a trial demo version that will convert just the first half of a corrupted file (which might trigger some thoughts for full recovery). The instructions for use are on the web page... be sure to follow them, because the user interface is not laid out very intuitively.

The software is pretty pricey... geared for saving critical and important .MOV/.MP4 files, I guess.... not our hobby clips. But so far it has no competition on Windows platforms... works on XP through W7(64) OS.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jul 07, 2011 at 01:20 AM.