Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpySticks View Post
Tom,
Not sure if this has been discussed, but could a manufacturer extend the connection between the sensor unit and the other hardware, or does the sensor have to be close to the processor? The sensor assembly is so small and light that you could mount it in the vertical stab if you could stow the rest of the equipment in the cockpit. Multiple sensors....bloggie 360 views.....rudder cam......the mind races. Some entrepeneur will surely find a way.
The subject came up briefly here, and some one actually did add a short extension to the CMOS module on the similar size old 808 camera. There's more info in that "Mega Key Chain" camera thread on it. But I don't know what the limit is on the cable length. If I were going to attempt an extension, I'd try to locate a ribbon cable socket header that could be soldered to the circuit board and accept the CMOS ribbon cable just inseerted into the header slot. It could be secured with a couple dabs of hot glue. Ditto for the other end to accept the existing CMOS ribbon. Much easier than trying to solder 24 individual tiny wires close together without any solder bridging.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank