View Single Post
Old Jul 05, 2011, 06:42 PM
Find More Posts by jims123
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
I would love to flash the firmware but Im a big chicken, dont want to trash the camera
I felt just as you do the 1st couple times.. but it was really simple and well worth it so next time i recommend you ask your vendor to do it before it's shipped,.. ask a friend that has one if he can show you, or read the directions a couple times 1st then go slow,..and don't panic.. if at 1st it doesn't succeed.. just try again..they're bullet proof IF there is nothing else wrong .. but make sure of that 1st.. re-format and test the card and be sure you know how to use the cam to shoot video well, it should behave properly before trying to flash it.. use the Nr11Timeset util too, that will help get the right time on your files BEFORE you clear it off the video display. I think a lot of folks that dive in, but really are not as familiar with the basics cause it's a new toy, so get in trouble as they try doing it right off the bat, or else.. they don't WAIT long enough once the new file is loaded in the real root directory ..for the AMBER LED to come on ince pressed.. before pressing ON again.. hitting ON multiple times too early ... perhaps that can cause it to trash the update.. dunno but I have done it a dozen times and not had a failure that persisted.. JimS Good Luck .. let us know if you change your mind and pull the trigger..don't forget to delete the timeset.txt when done either
jims123 is offline Find More Posts by jims123
Last edited by jims123; Jul 05, 2011 at 07:01 PM.