View Single Post
Old Jul 05, 2011, 06:38 PM
Find More Posts by nuovaic
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh View Post
Even though Greece (Athens, actually) has two big tracks, capable of taking up the organization of an international event, and have done this before, with 1/8 IC onroad cars and 1/5 large scale on road cars, among others, the rc bike movement is just... me, so I bet they would not be willing to even think of organizing such an event.
There are more tracks, in Salonica Patras and Rodos (Rhodes) island, as well, which I have not visited.
As John said, though, Greece is quite hot from mid-June to mid-September, so it just would be a nightmare... Just this evening I was at the track, from 18.00-20.00 and the temp was 36C and fell to... 32C! And it will get hotter, of course!
We could -if we could- do something in April-May, or October-November but as I said... no bikes here... sorry folks! I prefer to come meet you in your countries!
I didn't think of it this way, John, about Down-Under... Hmmm... interesting... we should do it at least once in our lifetime, eh?!
I have a fear that 2012 in Riccione will be VERY HOT! Almost Greece-like! Beware, people!!!!
No problem Stelios, just whenever you are ready to host, put a case forward to the next WC team meeting.
About Australia - I actually applied for emmigration to said country many years ago, but was politely declined due to reaching a 'certain age' (not to be disclosed). Hmmmm. Still want to visit though.
Unfotunatly Riccione may well be the only one I will miss. I won't miss the heat though!
nuovaic is offline Find More Posts by nuovaic