Old Jul 03, 2011, 01:57 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer421 View Post
So here's my first HD video, well nearly HD. It's limited by my 'ancient' 2GHz WinXP machine. I used 2 passes with AVC to convert to mpeg2, then edited it with MEP10. It was a lot smoother before uploading to Vimeo but still better that my old camera. I'm not too concerned about the small dark patch bottom left and understand that the colour changes are fairly normal.
http://vimeo.com/25909491

Perhaps with the limitations of my system, I'd do better with a direct H264 editor. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'd even fork out a few quid of my paltry pension for something that works.
Have you checked the editing tips in the FAQs post #3. The free AVIdemux editor will load and edit the native .MOV video, trim/clip out unwanted sections, re-encode to many different formats (includinh H.264/MP4), or even do direct copy of the original video/audio streams with no re-encoding (VERY fast) if you don't need any of the filters to tweak colors, invert/sharpen the image, etc.

<EDIT> Did you intentionally reduce the frame size from the native 1280x720 frame size down to 720x576... kind of defeats the advantage of the HD recording? <EDIT>
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jul 03, 2011 at 02:06 PM.