View Single Post
Old Jul 02, 2011, 07:29 PM
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,938 Posts
MLINK success!

OK, I managed to fully emulate the entire MLINK setup exactly as the Multiplex MLink system works. This means that you can put our system into range check mode and binding mode from transmitter itself without having to push the button on our module anymore.

To put the system in range check mode, you hold down the STU7/<O> button and turn on the power. To put the system in binding mode, you hold down the wrench/ABC1 button and turn on the power. This is how the Multiplex system works, so you might already know this.

Telemetry data is supported. You can see the LQI (signal strength) and receiver battery voltage when you go to the telemetry screen if you have programmed your 8 or 10 channel XtremeLink receiver to output telemetry info.

I have an issue with the servo pulse width not matching the Multiplex system. I am working on that. Once that is corrected, I can make an updater. The updater works with firmware 1.x\2.x\3.x and I expect it to work with all future versions as well.

This update does require you to make the extra wire mod if you want the MLink support. Otherwise, it will think its the older system and output PPM like normal. We will come up with a package that will provide that along with the top mount antenna adapter, firmware upgrade, etc. in one package for those that want this option.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member