Old Jul 02, 2011, 05:22 AM
Find More Posts by mixer421
Agricultural flyer
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Aug 2007
508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grun View Post
What you imho may have forgotten is that a buyer who buys an article through Ebay (any article) has a very powerful tool: feedback ratings. Sellers are scared to death for negative feedback and they will do a lot to prevend that. It is certainly not uncommon that a seller offers to replace a defective item.

The main problem is that the seller wants you to send the defective item back first, and most of the time the buyer has to pay the return charges. Those shipping costs can be quite high. I expect these costs from, lets say, the USA to China or from Europe to China can be 10x higher than the other way around. I was told that Chinese vendors only have to pay a minimal amount because the Chinese government is paying for the rest, in order to stimulate chinese economy and chinese export.
I recently bought one of the 'fake' HD cameras http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-MiNi-U...item3f0519d0d1 from a Chinese Ebay vendor. I mailed him and after a 2 day exchange of mails - he was very quick to reply - I obtained a full refund, provided I gave good feedback and said it was my mistake. It cost 2-50 ( about $4) to return the item. I realise that not giving correct feedback may cause other buyers to be caught out but on this occasion I was thinking of No1!
mixer421 is offline Find More Posts by mixer421