Originally Posted by AIR SALLY
ok cough up some of that info! .what weight cloth ? how many plys and what epoxy are you using ,looks to be primed in the mold.
Personally, I don't put primer in the mold. Why? Paint build up on mold key ways,
hides crappy lay ups, can't see former and tray locations. Residual wax on primer has to be light sanded, may brake into glass, very light "skin".
Our no primed way yields flawless durable finish every time, never a pin hole.
And yes, it was hot, I think we both lost a few pounds of water. But did help cure the epoxy faster. Almost too fast.
West systems epoxy, by the way.
Scott can give specs later as we see results from first lay up. Small molds take almost as much labor as a big one!