View Single Post
Old Jul 01, 2011, 01:41 PM
Find More Posts by air_crash
Ελλάς, Αττική, Αθήνα
Joined Apr 2011
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billhally View Post
Interesting comment as my version of Corel Videostudio Pro x4 will not even import mov files let alone edit them. Are you saying that you can edit mov files directly with this software?

Bill
Yes, I can.
I also use Videostudio Pro x4 version, and it can import and edit the files.
I have a v2 #11 camera with release 1 firmware, if this makes a difference. It may not, I can`t know as I never have installed release 2 firmware, neither I have a v3 camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfvn View Post
So.....

$24,95 for the mount
$5,50 for 4 GB uSD
$38,50 for the camera

All free shipping.

That leaves $119 - 24,95 - 5,50 - 38,50 = $50,10 for shipping?
I think you miss the part that the camera is sold from USA.
So if you`re a US citizen, I`m not, then you gain:

a) warranty. As you may have seen there are some posts mentioning about the cost to send the camera back to China, wait, wait, wait, and after so much waiting you may get the replacement. I would say that there is no warranty if you get it through China. If you`re lucky it works, if not then you have nothing. It`s like as when you cast the dice.
So here you have no such trouble.

b) faster shipping. I suppose.

c) hand picked. Maybe.

d) seller pays taxes. Like if you had to pay taxes for importing the camera, plus the profit taxes for the sale. So a part of the price is gone to the IRS. I suppose.

I think the phrase that this is an open market and anyone can make his own decisions is the right one.
I myself bought two from China cause there were not sold in my country anyway, and I may did the same if the price difference was big enough to take my risks -as I`m a risky man and then I don`t worry if something goes wrong.
air_crash is offline Find More Posts by air_crash