Find More Posts by F18
F18
United States, MA, Onset
Joined Apr 2008
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lberry.88 View Post
I consider it to be awesome!

Finally broke a gun today in what could be described as a "precision single point landing" :P (I was too concerned with my flap angle than actually landing the plane- tip stalled from 5ft up) snapped one of the guns and managed to get one break one of the magnets

The under cambered wing really sucks at low level turbulance. I was flying in 8mph winds - nothing major - and on low passes she really wobbles - much more than my mates P51 that was flying alongside, anyone else get this?
Yes.....you really notice it at lower altitude because there is no room for recovery! And the slower the approach with the Mossie in wind ...all it does is amplify that tendency to drop a wing tip...and then the landing is not so pretty! I sometimes trim out the Mossie differently when I know I am going to be flying in wind.....move the CG forward and adjust elevator down and set the throttle trim up so that I am already at higher rpms at any given position of the stick.
I get spoiled switching back to the UM T-28. I can side slip and crab that thing into a perfect landing in a cross wind. The Mossie is an interesting "hand full" and you have to land it hot.....at those critical moments (during low passes and landing) it sometimes makes me over-correct with the controls(which is usually not good)... But with hands off, it won't correct itself either......so you really got to fly it in! I like it because it is a little more challenging
F18 is offline Find More Posts by F18
Last edited by F18; Jul 01, 2011 at 02:35 PM.