View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2011, 11:37 AM
Find More Posts by gordonzo
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
2,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
Can anyone shed some light on how the pre-ordering system works at ClubHeli? Do I need to pay upfront? Am I guaranteed a heli from the first batch? I mean, I have no idea how many 328's ClubHeli has ordered and will receive nor how many people have placed pre-orders, so how do I know that ClubHeli will be receiving enough stock to cover my order?

Also, has anyone here ordered a heli from ClubHeli that lives outside of the US? What's the $25 international shipping like, is it reliable and how long does it typically take?

Am thinking about getting a 328 but am really not comfortable with pre-ordering (nothing to do with ClubHeli, just don't like doing it in general). I seem to be in a bit of a pickle as it appears if I don't pre-order than the price will increase once they are in stock.
Frank I have a 328 on pre-order at Clubheli. I just checked my Visa balance and it is not on there. I think they put a hold on your credit card for the amount of the pre-order but you actually pay when the order is filled. Rick mentions above that we will also have opportunity to add spare parts to our order if he has them.

I don't know how they assure every pre-order is filled but I assume they can change the quantity of their order from NE up until it is ready to be shipped to them.

I bought my Solo Pro from Clubheli (I am in Canada) and was 100% pleased. I asked for a yellow one but with black skids and blades. Rick changed it over for me at no charge. Also they test fly before sending and you get a lolipop. IIRC shipping was ~2 weeks to Canada, was well packed, and no issues with Canada Customs.

I have also separately ordered xtreme upgrade parts. Both orders arrived quickly, well packaged and with lolipops. Two more parts/upgrade orders are still tied up in our postal strike.

Frank you've gotta get the 328. Your SP needs a 'big brother' to keep him company.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo