View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2011, 09:37 PM
Find More Posts by stalyoni
high flyer
Australia, WA, Geraldton
Joined May 2008
3,204 Posts
thanks for the tip BUD.

What props where you using on your 2409 mate? It was the bell motor with a 3mm shaft right?

I have been searching for the right nuts and washers to put on it and cant seem to find anything. I have some 3/16 washers and 1/8 but the 1/8 are to small really and the 3/16 are a little to big.

I really want to run an apc 8x6 on my hk/at yak 54. I also have gws HD 8060 props.

I have a 3mm prop saver but i have had not much luck with these in the past. I have a few spare shafts for the 2409.

So what i was thinking was to grind two flat spots on the shaft. Like grind away the thread till i get a flat spot ether side. Then put the prop saver on and let the grub screws bite into the flat spots.

The prop saver i have is also a mickey hair too big for the shaft itself so i was hoping to put some heat-shrink over it to make up the gap.

Oh mighty BUD i seek your advice, APC 8x6 prop with allot of washers and nuts or the gws 8060 prop with the prop saver, flat shaft and heatshrink idea.

Dont think the esc will come in till tommoza so i was hoping to build her all up in the arvo and take her out over the weekend in the mornings.

secret handshake out brudda
stalyoni is online now Find More Posts by stalyoni