View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2011, 05:03 PM
Find More Posts by Paxman
Episyrphus balteatus
Sweden
Joined Dec 2008
183 Posts
OK, got my camera today!

First thing I did was a test recording. I only have an old 64 mb card so I only got a very short video, but I got a video!

Plugged the camera to my computer and it mounted perfectly. I found the file and played it in both Quicktime and VLC. It was basically a set if stills and sound but I put that down to an old (and slow) card and my crappy iBook. Will try a faster and bigger card soon and play it on my MUCH faster PC.

My cam has the time stamp so I will do the FW flash but I have some questions:

Tom states in the instructions:

Quote:
1. Copy the appropriate firmware file (FW96630A.bin) to the camera's flash card root directory (the one that first appears when the card is recognized by the computer).
Am I supposed to see a ".bin" file in the root directory of the card if I formatted the card in the camera?

If I mount the camera on my mac I see two folders: "DCIM" and "MISC". Is the ".bin" file supposed to be in one of those two or should it be next to them?

When flashing is done, should the ".bin" file be left on the card or can it be deleted?

Also, and Im sorry if this have been covered already, how does the charge light work on these? Will it go out when charging is finished?

Cheers!
/Fred
Paxman is offline Find More Posts by Paxman