View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2011, 08:31 AM
Find More Posts by dmoshiloh
United States, TN, Oakland
Joined Sep 2008
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
OK... interesting. There's one more possibility that could do this, and maybe you can confirm based on what is in the 1 min. clip of yours.

If the camera battery were very low when you started to record, it could have captured the first minute then closed the file on low battery power. Then, with the recording stopped, the battery recovers a bit of voltage, and has enough power to light the LED when you push the button to stop the recording (but the recording had stopped 14 min. earlier on low voltage). If this were the case, your video would show the first minute of your recording, not the last minute. What does your recording show?
It only shows the last minute of flight. The battery was fully charged when I started. I later filmed several short clips and a longer 15 minute clip at home and there was no problem. Previous to the flight in question, I had deleted several files from the 8Gb card. I don't know if this would cause a problem with recording. Also one other file would not play because of a corrupted part of the file, but it would not play any of the file. I just can't figure out how it started recording the end of the flight and none of the beginning.
dmoshiloh is offline Find More Posts by dmoshiloh