Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by otherworldliness View Post
Tom,

I took your suggestion and sent ebay seller the feature request.
On a related note, would you be interested to post a tutorial on how you modified the firmware? Is it entirely modified in raw assembly language or is there some type of decompiler to modify the firmware at your own will?

I am just wondering just how difficult it is to change firmware. I never wrote anything in assembly language. The closest thing I did was in C or C++, but always love to fiddle around to learn a thing or two. So any pointers from you are greatly appreciated!

Enjoy your weekend!
I did not modify any of the firmware, nor is it possible to do by hacking the .bin file. All the firmware revisions I have posted I got from the developer and/or my eBay vendor. So any changes must come from the developer as well, and being a small company and working on new cameras, they don't have much time to devote to our whims.

I do think they could fix the bug fairly easily in the Continuous Recording firmware, though, since the original Release 1 version already had that functional. Beyond that, getting the camera to hold it's white balance through different exposure levels is my first want, then diminishing the color saturatation a couple of notches so colors look more natural. After that, I'd be happy assuming they can't find a better lens to eliminate the edge vignetting.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank