View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:19 AM
Find More Posts by slim1357
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Dec 2010
536 Posts
Came here to ask about servo binding issues and saw that someone else was having a similar problem. I had just rebuilt my t-28 and on the maiden flight while doing a roll I just spiraled in and completely busted up my brand new fuse . On initial inspection everything seemed fine. All control surfaces were working as they should. I tried again over taller grass and sure enough after 2 or 3 minutes of normal flight I had another out of control roll but fortunately did not incur any further structural damage. I noticed this time though that the ailerons were jammed in full right roll position and no amount of pressure on the control rods would move them back. Wiggling the tx stick didn't help either. I opened it up and put some pressure on the gear of the servo and it snapped back to center. I have carefully checked the servo and it's placement in the plane and cannot find any obvious cause. This problem happens even when I adjust throws to 50% but slightly less often than at 100%. It is also intermittent, it does not happen every time. Sometimes wiggling the sticks frees it up, other times it does not. Here is a video demonstrating, throws are at 100% in this vid.
servo stick.avi (0 min 15 sec)
slim1357 is offline Find More Posts by slim1357
Last edited by slim1357; Jun 25, 2011 at 11:19 AM. Reason: better vid link