View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2011, 09:22 PM
Find More Posts by Cheese5
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobkobico View Post
First flights with the new Sukhoi. I ended up setting the expo on the aileron to 70%, rudder to 55%, and elevator to 60%. What a difference it makes. I flew my original Sukhoi with a DX5e and it felt so much smoother with the expo.

So far I love it. At the end of the battery it has nearly as much power as the original did at the start with a 5043 prop. The Eflite 150mah batts give plenty of flight time- much more than I expected. If there's any negative I think that the old one MIGHT have handled the wind a little better, maybe because it was nose heavy.

I don't think I'll go back to big planes (except my Stryker). I loved being able to fly however I wanted in the park, and the small crashes didn't even leave a scratch. I also liked not having to worry so much about landing, which was always on the back of my mind when flying the full size Corsair. All it needs now is increased aileron throw, to be done now.
For more aileron throw for the sukhoi xp just move the aileron connecting wire to the inner hole on the bell crank. Watch out for aileron jams at full aileron throws (they happen sometimes), if that happens then set the max throw on the servo with your TX (DX6i right? ) to less than 100%.
Cheese5 is online now Find More Posts by Cheese5