Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcNutDave View Post
Well Tom, you have plenty of time on youe hands. Guess you'll just
have to run that one too
Yeah right! I do have a lot of time being retired now, but I'd like to to spend SOME of it flying, playing golf, etc. Maybe, if the developer wanted to send me a free new camera to field test and trouble of maintaining a dedicated thread, I'd consider it... can't support something I don't have. But then I'd back off on the current thread support... do you know how many times I've posted "see the FAQs links in Post #3"? Frustrating... give someone the help to help themselves, and they won't even take the time to use it.

Quite honestly, 1080HD doesn't interest me much because unless the lens and CMOS quality are improved so that they can not only capture finer detail, but also focus it and display it with uniform color and brightness across the entire frame, there is nothing to gain. The larger display just emphasizes any defects in the imaging hardware. And the larger files sizes, larger flash card memory, and larger battery size needed to power the whole thing drives up the price, size, and weight, all of which are not conducive to hauling it up in an RC powered plane which could crash and destroy or lose the whole affair!

For me, a 720HD display is best suited to my hobby interests. Getting that in higher quality than we have right now in a small package like the #11 would be my nirvana. I think a larger CMOS array and lens is needed to do that, but might be able to stuff it in a Jumbo #11 case.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jun 20, 2011 at 07:23 PM.