View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2011, 09:08 PM
Find More Posts by stalyoni
high flyer
Australia, WA, Geraldton
Joined May 2008
3,204 Posts
Hobbyking extra 260 APC 10x7 fancy flying (5 min 50 sec)

watch this in HD and full screen guys. I know it looks like a dot in the sky but im only using a hatcam and i cant really zoom in while im flying.

ok so i put a 10X7 on my turnigy 1100kv motor this morning and took it for a flight. Its a fair bit quicker then the 10x5 or 11x5.5 props i have tried on it. The 11x5.5 felt more stable in the air. But the 10x7 seems to pull it alot nicer through the turns and it doesnt stall as much.

Had 3 flights with the 10x7 prop and the esc was barley warm. The lipo was the same. Didnt seem like it was putting that much load on the motor or esc.

It goes fairly fast now but i want faster!!! So i have a new turnigy 35-30 1700kv motor on the way. I have already gone and got an APC 8x4 prop for it. Should got alot faster now. I can always fly it at 3/4 throttle if its to fast. Then the powers there when i need it.

I have also ordered a new 36" hobbyking/art tech yak 54. I will transplant the 1100kv motor from the extra 260 into it. Not sure which prop i will use yet. I have a turnigy 30a esc on the way to put in it as well. I have some HXT900 servos to put in it too. Should fly nicely on this setup. Hoping to do some true 3d hovering and flights with this bird as it has a nice big rudder.

I have some GWS naro servo arms on the way too (2 sets). They fit the HXT900 servos. Should give me alot more throw. Possibly too much but i can also use rates to control this. They are just taking ages for my order to come in. Could be a good thing as i need to improve my skill before i put these on I think.

http://shop.dubro.com/products/produ...=932/101.0.1.1

Should have two fast acro birds really soon. Cant wait.
stalyoni is online now Find More Posts by stalyoni