new motor and esc came in mail yesterday so I decided to remove the old motor when I discovered why my stock esc burned up..the wooden motor mount glue was completely gobbed in the center hole and had glue on the motors shaft. So when I tested it out on the bench the motor had so much friction rubbing on the shaft that it took my esc out right away after a 10 sec first time not even full blast test. POS!
So I put a larger plywood motor mount on with ZAP brand GOOP, it aint coming off!
today I will bolt on the motor, make the clearance for the motor in the cowl, put carbon fiber rods in the stock linkage sleeves for the elevator and rudder, new control horns are on the tail feather only,set up the ailerons all stock, set up a battery lockdown and then fly it with the stock gear until they piss me off. I will have video this weekend if the wind lays down in the evening by Sunday
my motor and esc