Find More Posts by whakahere
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMorpheus View Post
Thanks to markus123456!
He builded a CL and a SPW for me (5.8ghz).

Today i was able to test them.
First of all i have to say that the weather was not really good (high air moisture), so i can not tell the maximum range i can get with theses antennas.

I also use the foxtech/bevrc 5.8ghz 200mw system. With the whip on the tx and a 8dbi patch antenna i was flying a maximum range of 1.9km in the past.

Today i flew 1.7km with the CP antennas and i think i can do 2 or 2.5km when the weather gets better.

So i can say it is not worse in max range than my 8dbi patch and there are some other things that have improved dramatically with the CP antennas.
1. I can fly in any direction (with my 8dbi patch, i have to point the antenna in the direction of the plane)
2. almost no distortion when i fly low passes or hard turns (in this category the linear polarized patch antenna sucks)

So i am very happy with these antennas and i am looking forward for new range tests next week (if the weather is better).
Maybe i can fly over 3km if i get a helical for the rx

They are a lot of fun Helical antennas are great to have. I would go for a 4 - 5 turn one as that will get you at least 4-5km if not more.
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere