View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:30 PM
Find More Posts by bri6672
San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
2,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post
Just out of mere curiosity, why are you not considering the 25-46 size instead of jumping straight to the 60-120? Seems to me that the setup needs just a little more and the 25-46 are metal setups:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFLG330

- Birger
Well if you have seen the 60-120 size retracts in person then you will know why they are not useing them, they are BIG and Heavy. I have them in a 120 size BAE Hawk and they are monsters no way they are fitting in the habu! I have not seen the 25-46 size in person but they sound like a good fit.

Keep in mind that the Habu comes with a set of struts that they want you to use for the retracts. The only difference in the weight rating on their retracts is the diameter of the strut wire. So if the 15-25 are rated at 7lbs max but they are giving you a larger strut wire that lets say they rate up to 8-9lbs then that is their solution. I have beat the crap out of a set of 15-25 size retracts in an A-10 that i had and they held up fairly well. I did crack the case on one of them but man it was a brutal landing on a really rough dirt runway, cant really blame the retracts.

The wood rail sounds like a prduction issue, might be a good idea to fill in any glue gaps with some hysol or 30 min epoxy to strengthen them up a bit. If the gap is really small warm up some 30 min epoxy with a heat gun and drizzle it down into the gap so it gets in there really good, I bet that would solve the problem.
bri6672 is offline Find More Posts by bri6672
Last edited by bri6672; Jun 14, 2011 at 01:12 PM.