View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2011, 03:27 AM
Find More Posts by KiwiDavid
Joined Jun 2011
263 Posts
Discussion
Dumas Chris Craft 1230 kit contents. (1930 24' )

Hi All,
This is my first post and while I've been modelling for about 50 years I think I have bitten off more than I can chew when I received the Dumas 1230 kit today.
The kit was pre-owned but still original and a quick check of contents indicates the chrome break-water and aluminium trim are not included.

My question is - are these parts actually missing or are they optional extras to be purchased as part of a fitting kit?
The box includes 4 sheets of (about 3/4 size) plans but no assembly guide - is this correct? I think I can cope but don't want to make it harder than needed.
I would appreciate any advice from others who have made this model.

I fell in love with this Chris Craft after restoring a similar old boat I bought second hand in bad repair. It's glue was all powdery and every time I picked it up something would come off in my hand. It never had a motor in it but did have a crude drive shaft. After several months of wet sanding lead based paint it is now restored and runs rather nicely. It's 4 foot long and somewhat beamy but Ken and the Barbie twins enjoy the outing.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Blythebo.../1/1qoed4Yx2lw

Cheers,
David
KiwiDavid is offline Find More Posts by KiwiDavid