Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:18 AM
Find More Posts by poboy72
Poboy 72
USA, MO, St Louis
Joined Oct 2010
21 Posts
May have to "cut" your plane

RcR,

That battery sounds great, but it may be too big for your plane in stock configuration. At 4" length (assumed), you will have to do some surgery on your plane to make it work. The CG should always be the same (unless you move the wings). "Weight" (ie your battery, rx, etc.) is what must move to balance your plane. I could go into a discussion about moments and arms, but that might bore you to death.

The stock battery measures about 20x34x65mm and is loaded vertically in the battery compartment. Not a lot of room at all. I actually get about 15min flying time off my 1300mah lipos. I also bought two additional lipos from Hobby King, but haven't tested (other than fitting) in the plane yet (but I get about 18 min in my Lama-400 helo). One is a Turnigy 25-35c, 1300mAh and it is great and still fits at 74mm long.

I've crashed and re-built my Corsair and I love it. It easy to fly, but you just have to stay ahead of the plane (as always). BTW, have patience when trying to install the rudder to the tail servo; it is a major headache.

Just my 2 cents. Hope that helps you. I'm sure someone with even more experience will chime in and provide more assistance. Good Luck.

I have to fly R/C now that my wife doesn't care for me flying real G/A a/c anymore. Oh, well... PB72
poboy72 is offline Find More Posts by poboy72