: Build Log
Pitty - Pitts inspired 24 inch bipe, with plans!
View Single Post
Jun 12, 2011
, 01:39 AM
Malaysia, Selangor, Kajang
Joined Jun 2009
OK so it's official, I wouldn't be able to maiden her this weekend. Which means a week of waiting for me. On the plus side, this means that I have more time to build. I'm already sort of regretting rushing through the rebuild of the internal framework - it caused too many imperfections.
The servos are now installed inline. Looking at it now it looks like the most obvious way to do it. But it actually took me a while to figure it out.
Forgot to mention this before: for this build I'm using mostly hotglue except for the installation of the control horns which I used epoxy.
View all Images in thread
Control horns epoxied in.
I make my own el-cheapo credit card control horns. Works well enough at this size.
While I have a batch of epoxy mixed, might as well use it to glue a sliver of bamboo onto the elevator. A piece of carbon tow would work just as well but I get bamboo for free around here.
Here's the new rebuilt internal framework. Servos are now installed inline.
Close-up of servo installation.
Drilled holes for control rod guide tubes.
I decided to install the RX in the same bay as the servos. I had to install a piece of foam to prevent the wiring from interfering with the control rods.
Another view of the servo/RX bay. As you can see I got carried away again with the lightening holes. Couldn't help it, they look pretty :)
Framework glued to one half of the fuse.
Fuse glued together and control rod guide tubes installed. A bit of hotglue locks the tubes in place.