View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2011, 04:28 AM
Find More Posts by slebetman
Malaysia, Selangor, Kajang
Joined Jun 2009
1,547 Posts
Build Log
Pitty - Pitts inspired 24 inch bipe, with plans!

About a month ago someone flew a Pitts Special above my house. The real thing, not RC. I loved the way she looked in the sky. It's the first time I've seen a real life biplane. About two weeks ago she made another appearance and this time she did loops and rolls. It was then that I decided that I had to have a biplane in my fleet.

So roughly two weeks ago I built a profile bipe and crashed it several times before I got all the proportions right. This is a full fuse version of that final configuration. It is inspired by the Pitts but is not a Pitts. I didn't like the looks of the tail section on a real Pitts so I made my own. Then I had to redesign the wing tips to match the tail.

UPDATE:

There are two versions of plans: the full plan and the half plan. They are identical except that the half plan requires you to manually mirror the templates. Both plans are available tiled to A4 and US Letter.

Target weight for the build should be around 200g to 250g. Recommended motor is the AX 1806N 2100kv brushless. But any 20g brushless motor should do fine. Recommended battery for the target weight should be around 600mAh 2S or 400mAh-500mAh 3S.
slebetman is offline Find More Posts by slebetman
Last edited by slebetman; Jun 21, 2011 at 09:56 PM.