Thread: Question GWS A-10 with EDF-55
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2004, 04:10 AM
Find More Posts by tony209
Joined Feb 2004
9 Posts
Thanks for the info. OK here's the full gen.

Motors are EDF-55 with 6 blade fans. The box says EDF55-150G but the motors are much larger that the tiny motors in the EDF-50 150 models, so I assumed they were the 300's.

The model was bought as a package from the UK distibutors and the battery was as supplied- 8.4v but not much capacity at 400mah- was always going to change it for a bigger battery anyway.

CofG is at 55mm. With bigger batteries in mind, I wanted to be able to change the extra added balance weight, so I made a plastic tube gun in the nose wich I can insert weight into, this also means that the weight is as far forward as possible, so less needed.

I also airbrushed the model with Tamiya paints, this added about 1oz.

Nose of model lifts up with a little up-elevator and drops down ok with down elevator but will probably run all day sat on its fins!.

I thought about making the lower nose section removable and putting the battery in the forward nose hollow- this will save about 35gms- but it will still be overweight.

What I now need to know is:- what size motors do I have and what is the maximum wing loading for this model.
Thanks in advance,
Tony

P.s. model looks stunning. Thanks to GWS for a low cost A-10
tony209 is offline Find More Posts by tony209