Old Jun 08, 2011, 05:50 PM
Find More Posts by mattyhawk
Fill'er Up!
Oxnard, Ca
Joined Oct 2008
1,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron van Sommeren View Post
Let's not open that can of worms, shall we? :mrgreen: I can hardly handle having a geologist in this subforum.
LOL, does Kiwi know how you feel? ROTFL

I swear, EE's first class in college is "Intro to Life Science and why they aren't really scientists". My father in law is a retired US Navy R&D EE, and I get the same jokes from him. He like to joke with me how biologists are biologists because they are only good at memorization. Engineering is a thinkin' man's profession. So I tell him without me, he wouldn't know what genus and species of bird his widget just killed. Haha, good times.

Fortunately for me, he helps me quite a bit in the area of circuits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron van Sommeren View Post
Alas, no I described changing from wye to delta, whilst you want to change from delta to wye. But I think you get the gist, even though you're not an EE, just reverse my instructions.
Yeah, I saw that, but it still gave me what I needed to get started (in reverse).

I gotta borrow an oscilloscope from the lab downstairs and get on that. It helps I work with a bunch of engineers, but they are mostly structural, chemical and environmental. I'll say one thing about engineers, they have the best toys!
mattyhawk is offline Find More Posts by mattyhawk