View Single Post
Old Jun 07, 2011, 08:54 PM
Find More Posts by gittarpikk
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2008
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc C View Post
When this thread was started (around 5 years ago)
Hope that helps clarify the subject of this thread. I can't understand why anyone would want to connect a joystick to a transmitter to control a real plane... isn't that what the sticks on the transmitter are for ??
Thanks for the clarify

Ever flown serious FPV?... I think the term should be changed universally to "video pilot" as that is exactly what you are doing. I used to fly all 3 Combat Flight Sims from MS before they canned them (I cannot figure how they could legally advertise online gaming, sell you the games..and then can the severs) and loved the immersion effect of combat multiplayer.

I am now doing this with a pan and tilt cam on a special task design of mine you can see on youtube by searching for my username gittarpikk. I have made some new mods and have the cam panning and tilting with the rudder and the elev and with a wide angle lens on the FPV cam , I can chase and stay on the tail of most any plane now...and video exactly what am seeing on the dvr (also panned and tilted).

I am now looking to set up a joysick (prefer my saitek) controlling the transmitter (Futaba 6XA) and will be moving up from a 7 and 9 inch dvd screen to about a 17 inch tv monitor and wil be seated at a table rather than in a foldout chair like I am now. (Gives me somewhere to mount a 72 MHZ horizontal dipole antenna)

Later , me and my FPV buddy will be flying wings similar to the Assasin and the Widowmaker, (Both EPP) for full contact combat...with FPV and DVR ..

So as Emmeril sez...BAM, let's "kick it up a notch"! We're gonna "do it"

We found the right antennas that allow us to turn and bank with impunity all over the field and have zero interference (multipath)

We're already having a blast
gittarpikk is offline Find More Posts by gittarpikk