Thread: Download RC-USB Joystick Files
View Single Post
Old Jun 06, 2011, 12:20 PM
Find More Posts by Malc C
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
When this thread was started (around 5 years ago) the commercial USB interface that allowed you to use your futaba / JR transmitter with any flight simulator that supported a standard windows joystick were around 50 ($85). Several member started to develop their own interfaces based on PIC micro's that had built in USB ports which had just appeared on the market at the time. This thread details it's progress in those early days, especially the original conversion of Allessio's 4+4 (4 analog + 4 digital channels) to 8 fully analog.

Has to this interface working with Saitek or other modern transmitters I'm sorry to say I can't help. The code was developed to support the then two standards of JR and Futaba pulse proportional signals, and it was tested using Futaba FF8 and JR x3810 transmitters. But now the market is flooded with RTF models that are packaged with their own transmitters which often do not use these standards, so there is no guarantee that it will work. The other factor is nowadays the market is saturated with commercial transmitter interfaces, with some costing less than $10, which is cheaper than the 18F2550 PIC micro, let alone the rest of the components.

Hope that helps clarify the subject of this thread. I can't understand why anyone would want to connect a joystick to a transmitter to control a real plane... isn't that what the sticks on the transmitter are for ??
Malc C is offline Find More Posts by Malc C