View Single Post
Old Jun 01, 2011, 07:17 PM
turboparker is offline
Find More Posts by turboparker
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
turboparker's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2009
14,015 Posts
Originally Posted by Mespert View Post
Thank for all the info ! Very appreciated! I'm new to flying so if I understand well, I'll need the prop, of course, the adapters from microflight and the spinners. What would happen to a plane without the spinner ?

You're welcome! Glad I could be of help.

You only need the adapter or the spinner - not both. The adapter is much lighter than the spinner, but the spinner is sort of rubbery, so it adds a measure of protection in a nose-over. If I'm dealing with a plane that's already on the edge of being tail-heavy (Champ, F4U), I use the heavier push-on spinner/adapter. Otherwise, I use the lighter push-on adapter.

If you use the adapter, be sure to mount it so the flange is facing forward.

turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
Reply With Quote