Old Jun 01, 2011, 08:03 AM
Find More Posts by waynemia
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
Well, keep your fingers crossed...if the weather cooperates, and the plane cooperates, I might maiden my Sukhoi Su-26m tomorrow.
I decided I would put everything together (cowl, spinner, etc.) for a few "dress up" pics.
-Mike
Looks good Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
Hey Wayne, do you happen to have any sketches of that catapult. Or rough dimensions, like width, height at front, height at back, and length. Is it 1/2" or 3/4" PVC? Do you have a sketch of how the trip works or maybe an up close photo of the trip end. I see how it is hinged but am not sure how the bungee is held at the front. How long a bungee are you using? Would this launch a 4 lb Zeph flying wing do you think? I can get it off with a 25' bungee stretched out to about 75', but I need a person to release the plane. When I try to release it myself I just can't get on the sticks quick enough and the wing goes into the ground.
I am thinking of doing a short video of how to build one. There are some sketches on the web but I did not find any complete stuff.

I think you could launch anything. The I have 30 feet of 1/4" silicon tubing and I doubled it. I only stretched it 2X and it is supposed to be able to go to 6X. I don't know what the Twister and Funjet weigh. I may try launching a Zagi with it.

I figured you could stretch the cord more or less depending on the weight of the plane.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia