Old May 30, 2011, 08:16 AM
Find More Posts by xlcrlee
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
4,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelgtr View Post
lee,

As you are the resident expert here, how would you compare the 3? I do have some 4 ch experience from years ago and never did much more than hover and FF.

I'm down to choosing between these 3 but you sure are covincing with the 5888! I'm only on page 6 of this this thread

thx

bob
1. keep reading my various posts in this thread starting on page 5, as I SLOWLY began to sort these helis out.

2. although many like Nine Eagles products, I really do not (I'd get eFlite/Blade first)

3. the F-27 is a considerable larger & heavier heli. I personally prefer the small 5888 because I can get way-above-"scale" speeds wildly circling my living room. Unless you want to "work on" a 5888 to upgrade its speed by precise tuning & tracking [tips in my posts], you can expect a larger heli to do better in non-calm conditions outside.

4. As a Westerner, I find the 5888 to be a very attractive example of modern Chinese industrial design, but many who are unfamiliar with the "new China" may not.

5. except in very experienced hands [see below], the F-27 can be seen in most videos to be more "squirrelly"/less intrinsically stable than the 5558; but this may allow more exciting performance outside, where movement is more important than the fine precision I very much need in my living room, flying close to my free birds (and vice versa!).

6. check this out >

MJX F27 F627 - 4 Kanal RC-3D Gyro Hubschrauber Crashtest von Gobelus.de (4 min 10 sec)

Lee
xlcrlee is offline Find More Posts by xlcrlee