View Single Post
Old May 27, 2011, 02:31 PM
Find More Posts by warthox
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alll View Post
Hello everybody,

I just got the beta test board in my letter box! Thanks Dan & Markus.

After a quick visual inspection, and figuring out the programming pin layout, i couldn't wait to put it on one of my quads (+).

Uploaded the KR v5.1 firmware (to be in sync with the tests of Warthox ) but for a "+" quad.

All tests are done by holding the quad in my hand!

• Had to raise the board because of the yaw gyro is mounted under the board. Good about this is that i could put the receiver under the board. However, it would be good that one side of the board remains "flat".
  • Once board fixed, and connections made, i set the pitch pot ccw to zero to do a "stick centering"
  • Powered the board (via power supply first, you never now... ), armed, and bingo, the green led went on. Perfect!
  • Gave some throttle input, all gyro directions were OK (lucky ).

Only problem with this beta board, on the roll gyro there is a problem! Sometimes it is ok, sometimes it completely input random signals, sometimes it does not give any signals!
When the roll gyro didn't gave any signal, tried to "bent" the board, and then the weird roll signals appears.

So, for now i can't fly , will look for a bad solder connection...

Here some pictures already of the setup. I hope I can solve the bad roll gyro behavior!

manuLRK
great to hear the board arrived save.

i fly with the preloaded firmware. dan said its the XX KR 1.5
so i think it was not necessary to flash it again.

i had the same problem with the gyro. i resoldered the gyros, the resistors from the gyros and the pots. after that everything was fine.
i think it was a bad solder joint.

here are the funfly videos. the other quad is a mwc
and i tried the acro and ufo mode

kk 5.5 plus board - testflight no3 funfly part1 (2 min 39 sec)

kk 5.5 plus board - testflight no3 funfly part2 (3 min 15 sec)
warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox