Find More Posts by Zenmaniac
Building with TLAR precision
near Madison, WI
Joined Jan 2009
3,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudleyLeRoux View Post
Hey Layer,

I'm going to continue in the spirit that Steve and Johann intended. Show me your wings and I'll make you a fuse of course if you smash lose or pulverise yours I'll be happy to make you a new fuse

I'll just need a few days to try some layups and see if I can get a consistently strong, quality fuse.
You know, I made my fuse out of FG/CF tube cloth, two layers with lost foam, in the same design as the original. I've darted that thing into the ground more times than I care to count with no damage to the fuse at all. The wing, on the other hand, is showing some signs of abuse.

I have a question though. I made my wing with a sharp leading edge at the tip, not rounded like some of you have done -- more for simplicity than any other reason. I think my next one may be rounded with more reinforcement. How do you get the mylar to conform to the compound curve to get the two edges and the curve of the top and bottom to come together in the bag? It seems like it would leave a gap unless you cut the mylar, like you would if you used tape on a curve like that...

Thanks for any tips!

-= Dave
Zenmaniac is offline Find More Posts by Zenmaniac