View Single Post
Old May 19, 2011, 10:12 AM
Find More Posts by soundguy63
Joined Aug 2010
322 Posts
Congrats Jer! Give us an update when yours arrives.

Did you get the kit version since you're adding so many of your own pieces? I got the receiver-ready version from the USA warehouse because I didn't know any better at the time.

Mine has generated some interest in the club I'm in, so I want to hear if your airframe and controls need much work out of the box. Perhaps mine was just a fluke with so many defects but I would advise that you inspect everything carefully!

People are very impressed with the way mine flies and especially how it lands so gracefully. I always have to give them the speech about how it certainly wasn't going to be that nice right out of the box and will take some work and better power system if they decide to buy one.

One more important thing. Buy some fluorescent self-adhesive stripe material!! If the lighting is anything less than optimal, the SkyFun can simply vanish for several seconds at a time when you turn back toward yourself.
Large sections of black also work since the SkyFun is white. I have black on top and orange on the bottom.

I've also heard good things about the smaller, less expensive version that HK calls the ParkJet. Anybody have both? It's being discussed in the Pusher Prop Jet section of the forum.
soundguy63 is offline Find More Posts by soundguy63