Thread: New Product BlitzRCWorks Giant MX2
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2011, 03:03 AM
Find More Posts by Luke Warmwater
Joined May 2011
75 Posts
Just to update, she flew quite nicely last night (in the rain and drizzle!) Once we got down to the field and set up, it was pretty obvious that with her size and weight, a glide test wasn't really a practical option, si I went for the fast taxi / hop and glide, which went OK.

So for the next run, I decided she was going up. Apart from too much throw on the elevator to start with, she flew beautifully; a completely different beast from before. The only problem is ground handling. The grass was wet, long and with cut grass lying on it and the spats quickly got blocked up and the wheels jammed, causing her to nose over; as recommended, I may simply remove the spats....or at least open them up a bit. As it was, I took them off last night (they been glued back a couple of times already...lol).

So, much more impressed than I was last week....but remember, I have spent a bit on her to get her there. A new Hacker 30 motor, two new servos and a new prop and spinner. The Hacker 30 and an 11 x 7 prop get off the ground at just under one third stick.....bags of power to spare. Looking forward to some decent weather now!
Luke Warmwater is offline Find More Posts by Luke Warmwater