Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker;18174354[B
Conclusion:[/B]

The 5043 prop & Hyp 180 literally transform the plane. With the increased speed and thrust, she now flies like a dream. I will not be going back to the three-blade!

Joel
Flying last night just as the sun was dropping behind the tree line in the west, I was actually walking around the large field where a few of us fly with the Corsair in the air. I was helping a friend find his Champ which had been hijacked by an upper wind and had landed on the far side of a fairly busy entry road to our subdivision. (We fly in an un-developed section where the road and lights/sewage are in, but no homes yet.)
So instead of just walking the 400 yds with him, I flew the Corsair in circles around us as we walked.
All the way out - and all the way back. The Corsair buzzed us as we progressed to the Champ, then headed all the way back. During the entire 10-minute search and rescue, I never once saw the F4U get into any trouble or "close calls."
It's just a great flying little warbird!
I think I'll stick with the 3-blade, because I have all the performance I need. Things change as we progress as RC pilots, but for now, the Corsair is pretty much able to reach the outer edges of my ability.

I'm supposed to meet a few guys over there to fly this morning @ 8AM, but I'm up early (to water my veggie garden) and I just might slip out and get a few 7AM flights in before the others arrive.
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL