View Single Post
Old May 02, 2011, 04:33 PM
nac is offline
nac
Find More Posts by nac
nac
Registered User
nac's Avatar
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
959 Posts
Build Pics and notes

Here are some pics and notes of my build.

- All of my previous EPP builds have been with Scotch glue but for this kit I used only CA (thin and Med).
- MG14's fit fine, but you may need to file one end of the holes to allow the servo to pop in without damaging the wires.
- I used two servo extension cables for the rear servos. I taped a small lead weight to the end of the cable and dropped it down.
- The wood servo aileron mounts seemed a little loose so I added CA around the wood/EPP.
- My horizontal stab hole was a bit out and caused the stab to not line up with the wings. So i used a some wedges to keep it in place until the glue dried.
- I added some Blenderm tape to both the elevator and rudder.
- The screws for the SFG's in my kit were too short, so I just found some long ones in my spare parts boxes.
- The plane without lipo ended up weighing 906g, so with my 2200 lipo the all up weight is 1100g


I still need to setup the throws and might find that I need servo extensions. Also I think my lipo will be all the way up the front of the box.

So I am very pleased with the build quality of the kit, being V1 there are a few minor things that may need updating but nothing major.

The only issue that you should pay extra attention too is the horizontal stab alignment with the wings. I would suggest that you test fit and trim the slot if required.
nac is offline Find More Posts by nac
Last edited by nac; May 03, 2011 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Added build notes
Reply With Quote