View Single Post
Old May 02, 2011, 01:01 PM
Find More Posts by k5beason
Trader Rating: 28
United States, MI, South Lyon
Joined Nov 2007
333 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
With the Aurora 9 you can set custom low voltage warnings, and then alerts you with beeps when you reach that threshold.

Hitec is soon releasing an add on module that will talk to you and speak the information to you.

While measuring watts, amps, and voltage on the ground is useful it often does not reflect what is experienced in flight.

I find it nice to be able to fly till the low voltage threshold rather then use crude estimations each time.

I've gone completely to electric, if I was flying nitro I'd find telemetry less useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lw777pilot View Post
No beef against Hitec people, just providing my personal info. With regards to telemetry, for some users its good to have the features (and maybe they use it) but I find myself impossible at looking at the tx while flying the model. (so the features are good but not always useful) when the model is on the ground I use other tools to measure what needed to be measured. Maybe the owners of Telemtry system can chime-in on this as to what their experience in actually using it while flying.

Maybe the technology is not ripe or until they produce something that talks to you while flying (a buzzer, a timer, a warning that a certain parameter has been reached)
I dont own one so I have little or no knowledge. Telemetry owners your inputs are welcome.
k5beason is online now Find More Posts by k5beason