Trader Rating: 95
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
941 Posts
Trader Rating: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warby View Post
(Quote Roswalt) I've had all kinds of Radio malfunctions since I started using Spektrum DSM2 and while their brand strength and support is tremendous I'd love to see those radio worries become a thing of the past.
What kinds of malfunctions have you had with DSM2?
I have had Spektrum since the DX6i came out. The only
problem I have encountered is "dumb thumbs"[/QUOTE]

I've spontaneously lost contact with models several times now; sometimes I have time to save it and several times I've ridden it to the ground - Granted this is over the course of three years, but it has happened with different levels of Spektrum radios and receivers, so it isn't isolated to the DX8, DX6i, or even the clone receivers on the market. It's just something about DSM2 that has happened to me enough to be a concern now.

Signal loss doesn't happen every flight, week, or even month, but it does happen and I'm not the only one it's happened to. There doesn't seem to be a reason for it, but I've lost an A-10 right after takeoff to a brown-out of some kind, and an FMS Corsair on final that just dropped out of the sky for no apparent reason - All components tested good before and after the flights, with nearly full batteries. Things like that make me reluctant to put a lot of effort into a model... The DX8 teamed with an AR8000 receiver may be the answer, but I haven't flown that combination enough to be sure.

Like I said, it's random and definitely not a regular occurence, but signal seems easier to lose on DSM2 than any other 2.4ghz transmission. I'd just like to remove that concern from my thought process and an Aurora 9 or Futaba set sounds like the answer, if financially feasible.
Roswalt is offline Find More Posts by Roswalt