View Single Post
Old May 01, 2011, 11:21 AM
Find More Posts by Sackie
Steinbach, MB, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
409 Posts
Hi guys, I don't have any nice pics of my boats sailing because I am usually all alone, no sailors in this area.

Anyway, here are pics of three of my boats. My absolute favorite is the Soling 50. It is completely scratch built. Most of the fittings were made by hand by me, and based on the ORIGINAL Vortex designs. The deck travellers, rails and risers made completely by hand other than the bearings. The keel stub was hand filed to shape from Aluminium, with the same bulb shape as the original Vortex aluminium keel stub. The keel weight I actually prurchased from a Vortex club president somewhere in southern US (can't remember where/who).

I do have two rady for sailing ODOM's, only took pics of one but you may be able to see it's green hull on a stand in the background.

The final pic is of a Sanibel by Pro Boat. The one thing that I do not like about this one is the huge amount of string shroud lines. One day I may lessen the number and replace with stainless lines.

Thought I would assemble them and take some pics today as we have about 2 inches of SNOW on the ground here in Southeastern Manitoba.
Sackie.
Sackie is offline Find More Posts by Sackie