Old Apr 30, 2011, 06:37 PM
Find More Posts by daddyrabbit1954
A posse ad esse
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Feb 2011
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokeane View Post
The other part of my recent HK order, a Durafly Cessna 182 in EPO foam. This one took a bit more work to assemble. Another kit which came with servos, ESC and motor. But in this case I think the quality of the servos, ESC and motor are less impressive that the Pitts. I just had to add RX and a 2200mAH 3S lipo pack.

On the up side, the foam seems durable. Similar to Multiplex Elapor foam. Downside is that the plane is pretty hefty, 3lb 4oz ready to fly. The plane has fully functional flaps and nice scale details which is definitely better than most foamy planes. From what I've read, it should be more of a scale style flyer.

I plan to use this as a trainer for teaching friends to fly using a buddy box setup.
I just ordered one of these and hopefully, will teach my son in law to fly with it. There was nothing in my current stable of aircraft he could possibly learn on. Since your initial post, have you had an opportunity to fly it? I would like to hear your experience with it if possible. Did you encounter any difficulties in assembling and setting it up? I noticed you switched out the prop to an 11x8 - are you any concerned it may pull too many amps with that prop? It's really a great looking model for the money. We could only have dreamed of having an airplane with those features, for that price, some years ago.
daddyrabbit1954 is offline Find More Posts by daddyrabbit1954