View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:31 PM
Find More Posts by omnicomps
Joined Aug 2008
492 Posts
The last buggy I had got upgraded to a 15T double motor. I belive it was a 550 size and was brushed. That means there is 2 wires instead of 3(brush less). It was pretty quick off the line and had a decent top speed. If you want all out top speed you could go for a 12Turn double but make sure your speed control can handle the higher rpm. You also don't want to run a lipo on a speed control that is supposed to have a nicad or nimah battery. You can but risk not only frying your speed control but toasting your lipo. You don't want to take a lipo under 3.0v per cell(that's the S.) If you discharge the lipo to low it will stop working. Not sure how much you know about this stuff so hope I am not being presumptuous. If you want a buggy that is going to do 70mph+ you want a brushless motor, brushless speed controll, and a 3s1p 11.1v 4000mah 30c lipo. You also need a lipo charger to be able to charge the lipos. Hobby king has some realy good deals if you don't mind paying a little bit for shipping.
omnicomps is offline Find More Posts by omnicomps