View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2011, 02:04 PM
Find More Posts by herk1
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,742 Posts
White Gorilla Glue has a pretty good grip after about 15 minutes. Or give it an hour to fully set. I used epoxy on my motor mount...it is stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAR 600 View Post
Hey wow!

Here is a motor that might be fun on a light stryker. Don's RC has this 2200kv brushless outrunner firewall type mounting......only 29 grams. A little small for what I've been used to. This one has been tested with up to a 6x4 prop which pushes a stryker real good but I'm afraid it would overheat. The 5x5 would probly work better.

http://donsrc.com/cart/index.php?act...d&productId=63

Five posts prior to that post of yours, I linked to the build thread for my Stryker-lite, which uses that motor (Don's Wicked Jr. Park Pusher). I use the 6x4 and it does not get hot. I haven't tried a 5x5, but I suspect that with the lower thrust of that smaller-diameter prop, it might lose the unlimited vertical that it has with the 6x4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murman View Post
I have a couple of WickedJr motors. They are good for speed, but at 2200kv and a small prop, may not have the thrust for unlimited vertical.
As I said in the thread I linked to, my Stryker-lite with the Wicked Jr. does have unlimited vertical. I think the motor has proven to be a perfect match for a medium-light Stryker build. It can go very slow as well as pretty fast, has a good roll rate/very agile, unlimited vertical, easy to launch and easy to fly...just a lot of fun!
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1