View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2011, 08:34 AM
Find More Posts by edwong3
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
It seems to me that the pilot in that video simply "threw" that thing into that turn! Too much rudder, too soon, at nearly full throttle! I've done it with my Blade 120SR, back in the day when I was first learning to fly it. And today, I can't say I know how to fly the thing, but that's a topic for another discussion.

But yea, a RTF, 4 channel single rotor version of the S107 that sells for say, 1/3 of the price of a RTF Blade mSR, is something I would jump on in a "New York minute".

I say to Syma/Double Horse, BRING IT!

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
My comment was based on the copter going sideways past the camera at top chat, and not "flying the nose".
Good call, hard to say.

IF Double Horse makes the "upgrade to fourth channel" kit for under $40 retail, these could be HUGE, as many would buy them, crash em, and then spend that $40. In that light, this copter is Great Marketing.

Even minus any easy path to four channel, this design could very well get smaller, and replace our baby coaxials completely: the gyro that controls the tail is cheaper than a coaxial mast and extra set of blades, and servos are now dirt-cheap.
edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Last edited by edwong3; Apr 18, 2011 at 08:43 AM.