View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:30 AM
Find More Posts by mikeht
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
sounds very similar to the problem i had when i first flew mine into a stiff breeze, you need to change your prop, for some reason a batch was released that were not right and if you put a Watt meter on your motor it will read real low, a lot went with an after market bigger prop, i had a spare new Radian prop, so put that on and it helped immensely, although into a stiff breeze it still lacks a little bit of grunt

as for CG i run a couple of batts so cut the foam at the back of the tray so i could push the Turnigy Nano1600mAh 25-50C back a bit, but when it was new and i used a stock Turnigy 1300mAh 30C batt pushed all the way back was spot on

taking off into a stiff breeze i think the pro is a little sensitive and will rock around, you just need to go easy on the sticks till it gets up a bit

cheers chuck
Thanks for the heads up. I have a couple 10x 8 props on order from Hobby Lobby, hopefully they"ll be here soon. As far as pushing the battery all the way in, I've tried that and the model balances at about 1/4 inch in front of the rear carbon spar. I don't think that is right either. I'll try the larger battery and rebalance it at the factory recommendation of 70 mm. I'm also removing some of the stickers from the tail in order to help with the aft balance.

thanks, Mike
mikeht is offline Find More Posts by mikeht